Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Acuna Matata

On July 5th I leave for Kenya! It is official I bought my plane ticket today. To keep all my family and friends updated I decided to start a blog. I am new at this but I will try to do my best.

When I am in Kenya I will be working with School for Field Studies through Boston College. I will be living and studying on the Tanzania/Kenyan border at the base of Mt. Kilimanjaro. I hear it is beautiful and full of amazing wildlife.

So far the only phrase I know in Swahili is Acuna Matata "no worries" and I learned that from Lion King. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejEVczA8PLU) Also Elsa sent me some $2 dollar Kenyan bills and gave me the advice to bring tissue with me because most of the bathrooms do not have any (probably some of the best advice I will recieve). I am looking foward to my experience and all that I am going to learn.

1 comment:

  1. How exciting! Stay safe and try some seriously new food.
    love you
    cindy

    ReplyDelete